Activation Cooperative Fund is an experimental reparations based funding and investment program that accumulates funds through member contributions, and redistributes funds to members using a cooperative decision making process.
We are exploring new ways of having money by growing wealth collectively. Activation Cooperative Fund is a display of our cooperative building power.
At the end of 2019, Kamra became a member of Coop Fund, and submitted a proposal requesting $1300.00.
Since then and in the wake of COVID-19, we have conducted further research on cooperatives and decided to create our own modeled after Coop Fund.
We work with lawyer Michael Haber of Hofstra University, and artist Emma Hedditch of Coop Fund to support our process. Currently, we are designing our bylaws and working to become incorporated in the State of New York. Coop Fund serves as our fiscal sponsor for Activation Cooperative Fund.
The purpose of Activation Cooperative Fund is to generate resources and discussion to illuminate possibility for members where it did not previously exist.
- meet some of the economic needs of the individual as a means to empower the individual to participate collectively.
- fund and sustain activation cooperative fund’s online and offline activities.
- center, support, and uplift Black and Indigenous trans and non-binary folks always.
- build activation cooperative fund’s capacity to make decisions.
- support proposals that would not otherwise receive funding from exclusionary financial institutions including banks, credit unions, loans, and state and non-profit grants
- produce the culture we need to thrive
- practice and the values we hope to see in the world
How does Activation Cooperative Fund work?
- Members pay a monthly subscription into Activation Cooperative Fund.
- Members have discussions.
- Members submit proposals.
- Members vote on which proposals receive funds.
- Members and/or Activation Residency receive funds.
After payment is complete, you will receive an email with instructions on engaging your membership via Loomio. If you need any assistance accessing membership or want to provide feedback, email email@example.com.
How do I become a member?
- Read and learn about Activation Cooperative Fund.
- Decide tobecome a member, and sign up using the PayPal subscription tool.
- Subscribe with a minimum of $5 per month o6 $60 per calendar year.
- Join discussion, voting, and proposal making processes using Loomio.